Beginner Cangym Badges 1-4
A 1.5 hour fun and energetic program incorporating most of the standard gymnastics events (vault, bars, beam, floor, trampoline)
The program is designed as a progressive gymnastics program, with a pass/fail associated with each level. Each level incorporates different progressions that must be mastered before moving on to the next, more difficult, level of gymnastics. Report cards will be handed out the last week of classes, at which time it will be indicated if your child has to repeat the level, or move on to the next.
For each class, parents can expect a 10-minute warm up activity, a 10-minute stretching activity, and then groups will separate into ages and/or levels depending on the number of athletes in each class time. Each group will use different pieces of equipment as per the coach’s daily lesson plan, and groups will incorporate free-play in the foam pit into their class time. A cool-down activity is done the last 5-10 minutes of class.
Please keep in mind that many of the more difficult levels can take several sessions to complete.
- Introduces children to fitness and the fundamentals of gymnastics with emphasis on building not only strength and flexibility but also developing skills, form, technique and confidence.
- The program incorporates vault, bars, beam, floor, and trampolines.
Intermediate Cangym Badges 5 & 6
A 2 hour intermediate program
- Intermediate gymnastics skills are perfected
- Advanced skills are introduced
- Participants must have successfully completed badges 1-4 before moving on to badges 5 & 6.
Advanced Cangym Badges 7+
A 2 hour, twice per week advanced program
- For athletes looking for more of a challenge
- Advanced gymnastics skills are perfected
- Athletes must have successfully completed badges 1-6 before moving onto badges 7+.
Beginner Canjump Levels 1-4 (Ages 5+)
A 1-hour class focusing specifically on trampoline and tumbling
This fun and dynamic program consists of foundational Trampoline and Tumbling skills. Participants are engaged through skills that are introduced and built upon as participants skill level increases. The program has been designed to incorporate strength, flexibility, and motor development.
Parents can expect a 10-minute warm up activity including stretching. After warm-up groups will work on various skills on the trampolines, tumbling run, fast track, and double-mini trampoline. A cool-down activity is done the last 5 minutes of class.
- Athletes will develop body and spatial awareness skills, build coordination, and improve agility
- Coaches will incorporate free- play in the foam pit into their class time
Advanced Canjump Levels 5-10
A 2-hour advanced Canjump class
Continuing to build on the Canjump program, intermediate gymnastics skills are perfected and Advanced skills are introduced in this fun and challenging class. Athletes will begin to learn aerial movements on the floor and trampolines.
Dance Acro is for dancers that are currently registered in a dance program, and are looking to add gymnastics skills into their existing dance program. The class incorporates gymnastics skills such as:
- Back/front walkovers
- Back/front handsprings
- Front/side aerials
- and more
Teen Gymnastics (ages 12-16)
Following the Cangym program fundamentals, this 2 hour class incorporates all gymnastics equipment. There is emphasis on skill development as well as confidence. There is no pass/fail associated with this program. No previous experience is required to join this group, we have a variety of skills levels that participate.
AGF Registration Fee
Please note that all participants in any program are required to pay the $35 AGF registration fee annually. Competitive athletes may have a higher fee. For more details, please visit the Registration page.